Peppy Pia

She has set the small screen and calendar pages on fire. And viewers still can’t get enough. Pia Trivedi speaks to Mathures Paul

Legs that go on for miles and a smile to set cameras clicking, Pia Trivedi has made strides on ramps across the globe and has sizzled on Kingfisher swimsuit calendars. Now she’s all set to take on a new role as VJ for Channel V. She has all the attitude to charm youngsters who adulate VJs and is ready to spread her freshness on a new show for the music channel.

“Things just fell into place. I simply auditioned for Kingfisher calendar and was selected. Later, Channel V approached me. I tried VJing and felt comfortable with the new role,” she says. Born in Mumbai, Pia did her schooling from Bombay Scottish and then following her sister's footsteps, made her foray into the modelling world. Pia’s first modelling assignment was at the India Fashion Week in 2003. She soon became popular among fashion gurus like Suneet Verma, Manish Malhotra, Rohit Bal, Ritu Beri and ace choreographers Lubna Adams and Aparna & Tanya.“In my spare time, I like listening to music and download music. I am into all kinds of music - hip hop, rock, reggae, oldies. But don’t play heavy metal. It gives me a headache,” adds Pia.

Despite her slight frame, Pia loves eating and trying out new dishes. She loves travelling as well. And she is full of energy and life. Pia frequents her favourite coffee bar with her friends and digs into dollops of ice cream and gulps down cups and cups of coffee. But she doesn't forget to visit the gym to shed those extra calories. Did you think great figures were made in heaven?“I will never give up my modelling career. Now it's 50 per cent VJing and the rest, modelling. Neither am I looking at a career in Hindi films for the present. I may give music videos a thought and talks are on. It’s too early to speak about the project in details. Also I don’t mind doing sizzling numbers if they are directed tastefully. A video full of skin and no sensibility, is not my cup of tea,” adds Pia.Being on the pages of the only Indian calendar that sets each month on fire was not without its share of fresh experiences for Pia. “Being a part of the Kingfisher Swimsuit Calendar, both the years, has been really great. I've learned a lot from the experience. It's not easy to go out there and shoot in a two piece. I did evolve, learnt a lot about myself and my body language, what speaks for me, what doesn't work… I don't know if I'll do the calendar again, I hope I will,” says Pia.

The model was always comfortable in front of the still camera. And was unsure about being in front of the moving camera. But her experience with Channel V has taught her that she can be just as comfortable talking to the camera and hosting shows. Pia, a lover of music, would love to interview 50 Cents and Nelly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The drums of change

Junior Statesman

The Singer not the song